I'm going to be fishing Upper Mill Pond tomorrow for about 5-7 hours in the morning but I'm really unsure if this is the "better" of the two ponds? Am I making the right decision?

Posted Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Depends on what your looking for. Uppermill is more of a structure lake. Lots of flats, point and drops. Walkers is a weed infested shallow bowl. Smallies and largies in Uppermill and while smallies can certianly get into walkers through the channel, its not very condusive for them in there. The weeds this time of year in walkers can be so thick that it is impossible to fish. Shoreline cover is impposible to get at because if the weedgrowth growing out from shore.

Posted Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:12 pm

Thanks Rich!

Posted Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:04 pm

I would stick to Upper Mill just be sure you go on a day when the wind isnt really whipping that place for some reason gets stirred up really easy, could make for a miserable day with the 3hp restriction getting blown around on the trolling motor.

Also not sure which entrance you plan on using or if you are trailering in but I would stick to the launch at Upper Mill on Town Landing Rd in Brewster, The launch at Walkers on Slough Rd is difficult with a trailer, there is not enough depth, actually had to get towed out of it last year, and the water is lower this yr.

Posted Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:47 am

Thanks guys for all the info, I really appreciate it! Caught 3 good size smallies today and my smallest LM... pics to come later..

Posted Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links