anygood places to go on the north shore.. new to north shore trying to find some good spots.. Looking to join a fishing club and get into some fishing tournaments

Posted Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:16 pm

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/habitat/maps/ponds/pond_maps.htm

I live in Peabody some of these places are a decent drive, but worth it. I grew up fishing Flax and SLuice Pond in Lynn, and although the fishing is decent, and I have caught my fair share of fish from these ponds, there comes a time when you just need to get away from the same old-same old.

The link I sent you is great. All the listings are a little dated, like 20 years, but it still provides great information about what species are present and abundant, if there is parking, if there is accessible shore fishing, etc.

As far as the "North Shore", which I consider to be Nahant, Lynn, Marblehead, Swampscott, Salem, Beverly...and surrounding towns, there aren't many ponds to choose from. There are a couple decent ponds in Lynn.

Most ponds are a decent drive away from the north shore, but worth it. I tried Putnamville Res. Ponkapog, Spy Pond, and Upper Mystic Lake this year. I'm sure you can find a lot of information on MAFF if you search trips with the ponds name, thats how I got a lot of my info this season.

Posted Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:03 am

Depends on what you call the "Northshore".

My personal favorites, as well as the "kids" are:

Fosters Pond (Andover) (Personal favorite and not crowded)
Lake Cochichewick (North Andover) *No gas motors
Artichoke Reservior (Newburyport) *No boats
Martins Pond (North Reading)
Haggets Pond (Andover) *No gas motors
Crystal Lake (Haverhill) *No boats

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:22 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links