Hey everyone-

I stopped by dudley pond and wayland yesterday and hooked into a brick of a fish off shore but it pulled the knot through and i lost it....it must of still thought it was hooked and it jumped, easily a 5 pound fish....so i need to get out asap....

Im lookin to see if anyone had any experiences fishing shore around the dedham/westwood area. Work is located right on 109 so I was wondering if people had any suggestions...

Also any word on being able to fish the charles around here with the algae bloom?

Posted Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:05 am

There is bunch of places if you go down to rt1 in dedham west roxbury line unter the bridge also up near the great plan ave on off ramp theres a spot on the left

Posted Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:29 am

buckmaster pond off pond street in westwood is a great place to shore fish, right now there is plenty of shore to fish from too, stay away from the main beaches i find it better everywhere else. dedham pretty much only has the charles. charles runs up to westwood off 109 on summer street i think? theres a bridge there where you could throw a few cast froms but not sure how youd do. def, hit up buckmaster though

Posted Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:26 pm

I have fished the Charles a couple times off 109. You can park in front of Nobles and walk down and hit underneath the 109 bridge. A lot of hang ups though, but have had modest success there. I will have to check out Buckmaster pond.

Posted Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:29 pm

I always find Buckmaster tough, even in a kayak. There are definitely bass and pickerel in there and there is certainly a lot of shore line that can be accessed on foot. I just have a hard time getting a bite there. But it is stocked with trout and 20+ feet deep in two places.

There are also a couple of ponds in Hale Reservation that you can fish from shore though I've only been there once and was skunked.

Posted Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:03 pm

yea thats the dedhma part of the charles off 109 im talking about the westwood/dover section off 109, if your headed towards westwood center from dedham you take a right at a set of lights (which i think is summer street ill have to double check) and a ways down you cross a bridge and theres a little dirt patch you can park your car pretty much the size for one only ive put my 12 ft jon in there once or twice before. good place to canoe too very little current.

Posted Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:03 pm

There are three ponds in Hale Reservation that might be worth a look and probably don't get too much pressure.

"Fishing is permitted. However, baitfish are not permitted (shiners, minnows, chubs, etc.). Catch and release encouraged, but catch for consumption allowed. Limit per day: 2 trout, 2 bass."

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:21 am

Bobby, another pond that I'm really curious about is Weld Pond in Dedham. It sits next to the 109 ramp to 128. I drove back there once checking for kayak access but didn't see any. It looks like excellent bass water. This is supposedly a public body of water so I called the Dedham Rec Dept to ask about public access and they told me they never heard of Weld Pond. Huh?

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:24 am

Was there any shore line around weld? I'll have to check out hale that sounds promising.

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:44 am

I know someone who has an 8lb bass on their wall from weld pond. that was 30 years ago before the push for catch and release. pretty sure he knew a property owner but I never checked for access myself.

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:17 am

There appear to be places close to the roadway that are not private property but the road is VERY narrow so parking is next to impossible. But scope it out and get back to me on what you think. I will also continue my efforts to find out more about access there.

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:30 am

Chevin, Summer St doesn't run close to the Charles but if you take a left at the end of Summer St onto Westfield and follow that to Chestnut you will cross the Charles. It looks like there is a pull-off on the north side of the bridge.

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:58 am

yea thats the spot i put in at, i just couldnt remember the street names chestnut rings the bell though

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:39 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links