Now, I don't know if just me or not. but it seems to me in my 20 years of fishing since I was 2-3 years old, now being 23; that the people that actually LIVE on the Lakes & Ponds we hold so dear to our hearts for sport and recreation, are the ones who don't even take advantage of it. From what I've seen with all the developed lakes and ponds ive fished all over New England and on my 2 trips down to Florida, you never see the homeowners out on their docks/rafts EVER. Whether it be fishing, swimming, or anything. Its usually people that DON'T live on the lakes or ponds fishing/swimming/boating lol. Maybe its just me and my experiences, but if I had the money to have waterfront property like that, even on the ocean. Id be out there every damn day without getting tired of it. Just a random thought I had today after finally seeing someone fishing from their private dock at Maquan, it was like the first time I'd actually seen someone doing that since my days fishing at my Uncles cottage at Island Pond in Cedarville MA like.... 12 years ago haha, thought I'd share this randomness and see if other people have noticed this too; or it really is just me. Rolling Eyes

Posted Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:21 pm

Well, those people are probably way to busy working, on business trips or whatever to pay for the damn waterfront property's . They just don't have the time unfortunately .

Posted Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:49 pm

For the majority I agree with this. It seems so many people with boats in general just let them go to waste. My neighbor has a 23 foot Trophy thats probly 8 yrs old I have seen it used maybe 6 times total? Its a shame and a tragedy. My uncle however lives on Great Herring Pond in Plymouth and is on the water everysingle day after work and weekends.

Posted Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:44 pm

I live on a small pond and I'm out fishing probably four days a week.

I have a crawdad with a trolling motor. The lake has tons of fish in it but very few of a decent size. After a while it gets boring being on the same lake all the time.

I told my GF tonight that we really need to put the boat back in our pond. I have had my boat in the back of my truck for about a month and the only fishing I have done in our pond has been in my backyard, from shore.

We do go out and float around in rafts sometimes or have bonfires by the water and I fish about three days a week but sometimes you just want to move around a bit. Now if I was on a bigger lake or one with some bigger fish I'd probably be a lot more inclined to stay put. Too bad I cant afford a bigger boat for other lakes and I could just keep my crawdad tied up in the back for quick trips at our place....

Posted Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Also fwiw our rent is cheap. If you look around enough you can find places on the water for good prices. You just have to be willing to live in the middle of nowhere. Laughing

Posted Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:43 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links