Posted Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:07 pm

Crankbaits have always been a lure ive wanted to get into but never really have. Im gonna try to dedicate some time to it but i cant get away from soft plastics.

Posted Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:17 pm

weeds make fishing crankbaits tough this time of year, but if you can find water with rocky or sandy bottom they are killer for smallies.

Posted Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:58 pm

ya there great but i agree it is tough this time a year with the heavy weeds but other than the weeds crankbaits are my all time favorite because u can clear so much water in such little time but if u ever get the chance try one once you get used to em your hooked but i still love the plastics

Posted Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:18 pm

I'm cranking the weeds. It's a pain to keep clearing the hooks but it's been paying off.

Posted Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:22 pm

absolutely bud thts how i feel

Posted Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:38 am

I was at Neponset Res for the first time this morning and another kayak fisherman (Mark) told me he landed 14 fish on shallow diving crankbaits. I was fishing senkos, frogs and spinnerbaits and boated 3 small fish. The water there is quite shallow and murky with lots of weeds. There are many patches of lilly pads. He said to cast into the open water between the lillys. Normally I fish crankbaits in the spring and late fall but I may have to tie one on next time out and just deal with the weeds.

Posted Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:28 am

I have a couple that only go down 1-3 inches. They kill in shallow weedy ponds. I think they're bombers

Posted Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links