A 100 year old white sturgeon was caught in BC

Here is a link to the story:

white sturgeon was caught in BC

Can you imagine....

Posted Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:12 pm

Sturgeon is on my bucket list. I don't think you can fish for them but at least one has been seen in the Charles River this year.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/02/20/man-spots-rare-atlantic-sturgeon-fish-in-charles-river/

Posted Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:00 pm

somebody caught one in the North River not too long ago. I'd love to catch one...if its legal.

Posted Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:54 pm

It will take about 250 years of successful fisheries management to bring back Atlantic sturgeon and salmon.

That means removing locks and dams from the rivers in the Northeast. Reducing toxic run off into the rivers to zero and completely abandoning commercial fishing and fish farming.

The GMO salmon may just alter not just salmon but the fish that prey on salmon in unexpected ways.

Ah but I digress...to catch a sturgeon you need to have a good boat, appropriate tackle and a lot of luck. Check out the river monsters episode on Sturgeons in Alaska. They are definitely dangerous fish to pursue as the big ones can sink your boat and drown you if you are not prepared for them.

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:54 pm

Two years ago, while fishing the conn. river in northfield, i saw a sturgen swim alongside my boat. I had noticed a wake going downstream, and went over to see what it was, thats when I saw it. About 5 feet long, and you could see the spine like sides of the beast. He swam along side for about 40 feet and then went deep real fast.

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:08 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links