EEE

I just saw this pop up on facebook from the city of Marlborough, apparently a bunch of mosquitos tested positive for EEE right on the Sudbury/Marlborough line.

http://www.cmmcp.org/MARLBORO2012.htm

I know a lot of you guys that live in my area fish the Sudbury reservoir, which is right down the street, so just wanted to give you all a heads up. Especially since it's going to be so wet and rainy this weekend. The mosquitos will probably be out in force.

So make sure if you're going to fish that you've got your bug spray on. (As if the lime desease infected ticks weren't bad enough). Smile

Plus it's just a good reminder in general to make sure you protect yourself while fishing.

Posted Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:28 pm

They also found it in Milton and Canton area I just heard.

Posted Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Located in Westborough too.

Posted Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:42 pm

also in Pittsfield

Posted Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:53 pm

Also found in the areas stretching from Rockland to Carver

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:36 am

Fishing is a risky activity...always has been and always will be.

Also mosquitos prefer beer drinkers to those who do not drink beer.

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:13 pm

I've heard that the bug spray turns the fish off, if you get it on your hands and then the lure. Anyone experience this? I've been using medical gloves when applying bug spray lately, but you still end up touching your arms or legs eventually after the application.

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:28 pm

We have noticed that the fish dont like bug spray. Its not by chance. Its a fact. They smell it or taste it.
Thanks for the heads up on the Sud

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:41 am

Nah never noticed a difference with bug spray verse no spray. I use it all thew time as I do a lot of night fishing and I've never noticed a difference in catch rate that i could attribute to bug spray on my hands. Sure if I sprayed it on my lures or bait then prolly but outside of that I've never seen a difference. Same with sun lotion...

That isn't to say fish don't notice..but I've never seen a drop off in catch rates.

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:05 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links