What has everyone been using for lures and what seems to be working. Its been slow fishing for me latley, just trying to see whats working for other people.

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:45 pm

different jiggs and rubber baits. especially sexee tails and berkley gulp 3 inch minnows. this year so far hasnt been the best fishing for me, but ive managed to pull a few nice fish

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:36 pm

Thanks for the reply, what structures have you mainly been targeting and getting most fish on? Have you done mostly Shore fishing or Boat.

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:17 am

jigs and crankbaits. 3/8's black Boag Hog Jig with a blue trailer. KVD square billed crankbait. The 1.5 series.

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:42 am

diggadog17

Thanks for the reply, what structures have you mainly been targeting and getting most fish on? Have you done mostly Shore fishing or Boat.

all shore fishing sadly. i dont have a boat yet.

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Frogs in the pads ! Crazy the last few weeks. Nice Bass and a battle and a half ! But then, I only use a light rod and 8 lb test max (usually 6 lb). Splat on the pads ... let it sit ... walk it across the pads toward the edge ... let it sink into any holes you come to along the way ... and stop just before the edge of the pads ... wait ... wait ... jump it into the open water ... Hold on ! last outing ... 2 hrs ... 19 1-2, 18, 18, 17 and two 15s ... lost a couple of others and ... of course ... one with large shoulders (!) ... rats ! But, I know where she hangs now !

Give it a try ...
Quack

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Ive been throwing the frogs from SPRO and Booyah. Ive been killing it on the Zoom horny toad the past few weeks using the Ribbit double take hook. Ive had some success on the weightless fluke and have done ok throwing a spinner bait and buzz bait from time to time.

Posted Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:42 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links