Please tell me I'm not the only one. I haven't had a good day fishing in almost a month! Can't get nothing to bite. Senkos, spinners, cranks, buzz, frogs, jigs...nothing!!!

I've been fishing shallow, deep, ledges and drop offs.

Might have to go get some night crawlers and a bobber!!!

On a side note, seen the coolest thing today. A decent size bass took a swipe at a little duck in the pads. Fish had it's mouth around the ducks foot! Duck got away, but was in a frenzy after that. Wish I had it on video!

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:25 pm

i dunno...it depends where you go and what you use i guess. went out twice this weekend...partner and i caught a 6, 5, 4, tons of 3s. lost at least 3 4+ on crankbaits. went out today and caught a 4, 3, a lot of 2.5 all day until 2 pm.

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:32 pm

I agree, I hit a pond saturday morning that is supposed to be really productive. My buddy and I were in the water at 5:45am, skies were overcast and there was a slight drizzle. I was thinking, this is gonna be an amazing morning and needless to say, I got skunked. My buddy caught a 3.5lbs bass on a frog popper out in open water. He then caught a nice sized pickerel on a senko. I threw everything but the kitchen sink and nothing.

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:11 pm

Bite has been real slow and seeing as I do mostly shore fishing even worse for me.Did catch a nice Sally at a place I hadn't fished in a while.High pressure system slowed things down but seemed to pick up a bit tonight only fished for an hour small Larry missed a decent Larry and caught a nice 2lb Sally.It's been tough out there summer doldrums came early with warm spring I guess can't wait for the fall!ha ha

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:21 pm

i have had a few bad days but overall the fish seem to be moving around alot more than normal today i was at ft.meadow first cast my kvd 1.5 wrapped the front hook so i was pulling the bait on the surface whack 2 pdr,so i think strange topwater on a busy boat filled lake? tied on a buzzbait nothing,spinnerbait nothing, threw the kvd way out bam 2.5 probably in 15 ft of water fat as could be then nothing,i`ve been having real good luck with c-rig 10 in. worm threw way out bang big one for the day 3.5 again fat as can be not bad for the middle of the day off the side of a beach you seem to just figure out what they are holding on or at each time i go out it seems a little different. that goes for shore or boat

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:39 pm

Nope your not the only one I've gone out everyday for the last couple weeks and have had only 1 or 2 bits no hook up no fish. I've thrown every thing I have. I think its been to hot fish r down deep. My friend an I also went with shiners one morning last week and he only got one tiny baby pickerel and I feel shiners r a sure thing we went through a dozen that was the only bite its been rough latley. So your def. not alone all I can say is fight though the crappy spell they'll bite again soon enough Go Fish HAPPY FISHING

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:24 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links