I'm sure this question has been asked but I've recently became a member and in the profile section it asks favorite fishing spot and now it has me thinking. I picked South End Pond in Millis because I caught my biggest LM there and it's close to my house but is it my favorite?

Is your favorite because of the quantity of fish, quality of fish, location, tourney win or maybe you just got "lucky" out there ? I'm really looking forward to the responses/reasons!

Thanks!

Posted Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:56 pm

Sud Res cause it is 5 min from my house and it has produced many quality fish including my fav good size Sallies!

Posted Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Lake Maspenock in Hopkinton for it's awesome night time bass fishing!

Lake Boone in Hudson for it's frogging terrain!

Lake Waukewan in Merideth NH because it's the clearest water I've ever seen! You can see down 15 feet fairly easily and it has almost every species in the book including fiesty smallies!

FISH ON!

Posted Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:07 pm

That's a good question and most guys will answer because of the numbers of fish they catch. My favorite ponds aren't really about the numbers of fish that I get. I really like the ponds that provide solitude Exclamation Ponds with no houses along the shore, no boat traffic, places that I can pretty much have to myself. I will take the peace and quiet that a pond or lake offers and if I get a few fish, that is just an extra bonus Exclamation

Posted Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:41 pm

don51

That's a good question and most guys will answer because of the numbers of fish they catch. My favorite ponds aren't really about the numbers of fish that I get. I really like the ponds that provide solitude Exclamation Ponds with no houses along the shore, no boat traffic, places that I can pretty much have to myself. I will take the peace and quiet that a pond or lake offers and if I get a few fish, that is just an extra bonus Exclamation

what Don said

Posted Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:26 pm

My two favorite spots is the variety of fish, along with the times to catch them. I fish Jacobs and Oldham pond regularly, and sometimes we skunk at certain times and sometimes we NAIL THEM at certain times, Largemouth-Crappie-Pickerel-Bullheads you name it. But the variety in times and locations keeps you on toes and hungry for finding more action! It honestly makes you addicted to the "hunt" Razz

Posted Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:49 pm

The hunt has a lot to do with it.Variety does make things interesting.I recently started fishing at a place that has Tigers Pike and some real big Lms.I decided to try a 4-5in golden shiner I had caught at a local river for bait figured wth give it a shot 5min into cast bobber goes down with a thud huge swirl went to set hook rod bends almost in half then bobber comes floating up was shaking like a leaf afterwards what a thrill can't get the thought of what took that giant shiner out of my head and what might have been ha ha!

Posted Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:49 pm

I'm with Don on this one. The ponds that I really like are quiet. I probably already knew that but it was completely realized when I fished a cartopper Tourney at Farm Pond in Framingham. It was right next to a freight train depot. All day we just heard engines, horns and air brakes. It totally sucked.

Posted Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:51 pm

This week you need to pick and choose where you are going to fish Exclamation Obviously this is a big vacation week and there will be a lot of boats, jet skis, swimmers and God only knows what else out there Exclamation Be careful Exclamation Laughing

Posted Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:25 am

Don you've got it right. I like to go to Tully Lake in Royalston for that same reason. It may not be the greatest Bass fishery but there are a bunch of coves and islands and the scenery makes up for it.

Posted Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:05 am

My favotite ponds are the ones that have a varity of cover and structure. The ones where on any given day you can fish 4-5 different ways and catch fish. Knowing the pond holds big fish is a must. It has to be a challenge too. Are they in the pads or off shore on a hump. Are they aggresively hitting moving baits or do I need to slow down. I want to learn something everytime I go out. You know what my other favorite pond is? The next new one I go to so I get to learn some more.

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:33 am

My favorite is Flint Pond cause I live there, (& cause I'm lazy)

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:31 pm

The Amazon, but its a major pain to get to.

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:41 pm

The brick yard in taunton its close to home an there's never anybody there that's the key its all mine no fighting for the "good" spot lol lol

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:02 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links