Hello All,

Me and my friends have started a fishing log. When we catch a fish we log these categories date,location,time,species(common name),length, lure,adjective describing that lure, and temperature of environment(I dont have a tool to measure the temperature of the water).

I am doing this because I would like to get enough data and play around with it to see if I can make beneficial analysis for all anglers. If I can get enough data I am sure I will just find the things we already know, best times to fish is at dusk and dawn etc. But maybe we can find something that is exclusive to Massachusetts freshwater fishing which I will share with all.

If you would like to contribute please leave the information I mentioned above in a reply message to the topic. Also any ideas or criticism would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Joseph

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:26 pm

If you have a smart phone there are many apps that give you exactly what your trying to record with a push of a button.

I usually mark the first fish with a GPS spot and fill out the numbers, sizes, lures, and any pictures and the end of the trip. Just don't fall over board with your phone.

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:54 pm

To record the data or to extract data?

Which specific apps are you referring to?

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:01 pm

ffffffffffff

Last edited by stevelibs on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:24 pm

I just checked out the "trips" section and think that is a great idea and will definitely take the data from there. My only problem with that is that it is mostly "lunkers" or prize fish and I think I can find out more not limited it to just big fish.

I am curious to what you did, it sounds pretty cool. Do you still have the file?

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:37 pm

uuuuuuuu

Last edited by stevelibs on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:49 pm

Some nice info on that site, Thank you. Although I think 7 lbs for the largemouth is a little high. If we could filter out that data on trips, it would be very nice. I wondering if the aforementioned logging fishing apps have data opened to the public.

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:05 pm

thelucky

If you have a smart phone there are many apps that give you exactly what your trying to record with a push of a button.

I usually mark the first fish with a GPS spot and fill out the numbers, sizes, lures, and any pictures and the end of the trip. Just don't fall over board with your phone.

I downloading "fishing buddy" on my phone. Much easier than pen and paper. Thank you very much.

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:11 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links