its ben a wile sence i have been on here so heres a good question for everyone whats your favorite lure/plastic to use my favorite is the dare devil spoon Cool

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:46 pm

5" Gary Yamamoto Senko, for sure! Can't go wrong..

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:03 pm

Spinner bait

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:28 am

I'll 2nd that on spinnerbaits. Most of my quality fish this year have been on twin willow leaf spinnerbaits.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:58 am

gary yamamoto senko's..but my largest fish were cought off of those little berkley power bait plastic jigs

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:36 pm

spinner baits are my "go to" lures. I don't have much patience for plastics though I know they are very effective and I do always rig one of my rods with one. If the spinner baits aren't working I'll go to the worm, but that rarely happens.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:01 pm

Just started using 5in Senkos this year and really haven't had to switch to anything else they have been deadly.though bite is starting to slow a bit,

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Those 5" senkos have been killing it for me this year and last as well. Black, black with blue flake, and watermelon have been the top producers for me. I bought some weirder colors to experiment but they haven't been doing that great...

This time of year, it's so hot that the big boys will feed at night. Try topwater, jointed jitterbug when it's dark out. Retrieve slow and steady; listen for the splash and feel for the weight. Have already caught some 19"+ this way.

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:50 pm

If you look at my photos from last year, there's a bass with two black spots on it next to my 22" truck rim. I caught that in the manner described above around this time of year last year, retrieving a black jitterbug barely a few feet off the shoreline.

Also black powerbait worms work well.

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Like Roland Martin says, crickets in a can, can't beat it Exclamation Laughing

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:15 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links