I am planning on taking my niece fishing this weekend, she's 4 years old, so we wanted to take her somewhere close to her house. So I was looking at Crystal Lake and Haverhill, I've heard some good things about this pond, but I have never fished it. I'm not asking for anyone to give away their secret spots, but if anyone could tell me where you can get good access to some nice water, where to park, and anything else helpful i'd appreciate it! I'm going to be going for Bass and pickerel, but i'll be catching a lot of sunfish for her too

Last edited by hersey617 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:14 am

Crystal Lake in Andover? Do you mean in Haverhill?

Posted Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:28 am

Yes. Haverhill, not andover. I was looking at a few different ponds when I typed this haha

Posted Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:37 am

Plan on going on a little hike to hit open water. The inlets are completely over grown there. I was there two weeks ago with my kids, and it was tough (we never made it to open water). Not sure a four-year-old will make the trek, and be sure to cover yourself (and her) in bug spray of some kind!

There are definitely fish there, as I threw a few casts in tight spots and had two nasty pickerel grab on three casts (using 1/2 oz spinner bait). Historically, there are some great size bass in there as well.

Good luck!

Posted Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:27 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links