Just wondering if the frabill livebait areator is big enough for a livewell. And whats the deal with the hydrogen peroxide in the well? Usually i just c and r but doing the mystic tourney and dont want to kill any larrys...

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:50 pm

I'd have to say "No". Those bubble boxes just don't pump out enough O2 for a cooler live well (which is what you'll need). Especially on a hot day in August! For less than $20, you can get a decent aerator setup at Walmart or K-Mart that hook up to your boat battery or separate small battery. That along with frozen water filled bottles to keep the water cool. One added every hour should do the trick. Hydrogen Peroxide helps add O2 to the water as well, just not too much! Just research it on this forum. It's been talked about a million times and I just don't feel like looking around. There's a good start anyway. Good luck and see you there!

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:29 pm

Thanks i kinda figures that aerator was to small. Yea fellsmere pond is great at night . To many people during the day and everyone wants to talk to you lol. Topwater and crankbaits work the best. Try it youll be happy you did.

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:06 am

Be careful with the hydrogen peroxide. A very little is great. too much is DEADLY to bass. Do an internet search for the formula but I use 4 oz. in my 80qt cooler. Tha come out to an ounce for every 10 gallons. Better to under estimat then over or you will have dead bass on tyour hands. The bubble boxes are definitly not enough. BPS has an airator kit for like $40. Here is the link to the BPS page. http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Navigation?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&searchTerm=aerators

There are 3-4 of them in the $40 range. You need something like the "catchsave" for $42.99 or the" Mayfair" for $44.99. The bubbler type just do not recirculta the water even close to enough. My livewell actually has both in it but it was custom built by a friend. For those interested I can ask him if he is still doing them. There are pics on page 3 of my profile. I think he gets around $125 for the whole package but I would have to ask him if guys show interest. Everything is permantly mounted and the pump itself is attatched outside the actual cooler so to not take up livewell space. Check out my pics tosee what Im talking about.

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:05 am

Is a 200-300 gph efficient enough?

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:16 pm

Yes it is

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:36 pm

Thanks stratos

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:50 pm

On hot days your crazy if you dont use hydrogen peroxide! I use one oz per 5 gallons, so if you have a 15 gallon livewell, 3 oz. Very cheap fix to keep your Larry's alive.

Posted Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:39 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links