I have been thinking of getting a inexpensive fish finder and cannot decide which one to get. Hope someone here can give me there opinions, good and bad for the Hummingbird PiranhaMax 170 and the Garmin echo 150.

Posted Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:25 pm

I have the H-Bird PiranaMax 150 portable. It serves the purpose for me Exclamation Depth, temp, structure, easy set up. l use it in the kayak so the portable model is quite convenient. I guess it all depends on how many bells and whistles you want or need Exclamation Laughing

Posted Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:05 pm

Thanks for the reply Don51. I appreciate you info. I have been leaning towards the Garmin echo 150 for the clearer screen and I currently own one of their GPS's. They are easy to use and so long as I can see the bottom structure,temp and depth and the battery voltage feature is nice also I'm sold. I really don't expect it to show me the fish (though that would be nice), just give me an idea of whats down there. Thanks again

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:06 pm

Garmin echo 150 Dual Beam Fishfinder TM/Trolling Transducer.....$99.99 to your door.
If interested shoot me a PM or give me a call.

I have a wide selection of marine electronics... Humminbird, Lowrance, Garmin, Minn Kota and Motorguide Trolling Motors/Talon',
HydroWave, Navionics, LakeMaster, along with Boating accessories and much, much more. 972-822-9285
www.shut-up-and-fish.com

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:49 pm

Why would I get it from you online for the same price as BPS here locally? Plus I get to use my points and get it $20 cheaper. Sorry No Thanks.

Posted Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:22 am

I just don't get a break on the low end units as I do on the higher end units. Just thought I would try and assist you. No biggie.

Posted Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:17 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links