I've exhausted all other resources so I need MAFF help. I've been limited to big boat tourneys because I haven't had a way to get my cartopper to the lake. I have access to an older trailer but it needs new leaf springs, tires, wiring, paint, and a few other things. Priced out, its easily pushing $300 and the trailer frame isnt in the best of shape. Anyone know of someone looking to sell a utility/boat trailer? It can be of the flatbead variety as I'm only carrying a coleman crawdad and something around the above price (with decent hardware all around). I don't mind a little work but not really looking to take on another project. I've went the craigslist route with little success. Thanks in advance.

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:58 am

when I was trying to decide whether to trailer or roof mine I was looking at this http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/trailer-accessories/1195-lb-capacity-48-inch-x-96-inch-heavy-duty-

I roof mine

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:15 am

Not to be this guy but I thought a cartopper was something you put ON TOP OF YOUR CAR or BACK of YOUR TRUCK? I thought cartoppers was a NON trailer league. Not to start a s*** storm again

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:09 am

I asked this exact question not long ago. I trailer a 14' Jon because I can't very well put it on top of my Xterra. But it doesn't have a gas motor so it wouldn't fare very well in a big boat tourney. So it would appear that "cartopper" is a judgement call. Tourney wise, I think they just can't have a gas motor.

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:10 am

Plus you cant really penalize people for not wanting to F-up their cars

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:13 am

Plus you cant really penalize people for not wanting to F-up their cars

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:13 am

right about f'ing up the car. I've done more damage to my car in the last 3 months than I did all last year.

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:18 am

That being said, it might not be the worst idea to semi-formalize what qualifies for a "cartopper" vs a "big boat" tourney.

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:19 am

This was discussed in depth and at length last year. Here's one of the threads that may answer some questions. http://www.mafishfinder.com/phpBB2/can-we-reopen-the-cartopper-discussion-t5275.html?highlight=cartopper

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:41 am

Thank you for the link. Very helpful Smile

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:29 am

its nice to have a trailer just to get the boat to the tournament. also,
i tried to find roof racks for my bugatti veyron , they just dont make them!

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:53 am

Yeah, I thought that someone might ask that question but last year I cartopped it on top of my jeep for every tourney (once in the back of a truck). But sadly the Jeep died on me during a prefish day so I bought the new and improved Jeep. The new and improved Jeep has a nice paint job and the crawdad wasnt kind to my previous Jeep which at the time, I could not have cared less about. Plus my partner has a bum shoulder (partial tear somewhere) which I give him hell about so I'm trying to work smarter, not harder.

Shawn, the harbor freight trailer is perfect. Its foldable and currently on sale too!

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:56 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links