I've seen a lot of people having good luck on white senkos recently. Normally I fish with the baby bass pattern. When is fishing a white senko a better idea than a baby bass?

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:40 am

From my experience when you run out of the bass pattern...no joke!

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:44 am

With senkos it doesn't matter the color....just as long as its either black or green. lol

The only white lures I have are flukes. And I pretty much only throw them when I travel out of state, or if they herring run is on. I'm sure the white senkos work well with smallmouths. Give them a try, only one way to find out.

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:40 pm

Insted of switching the color of your senko, switch baits insted. Try tubes, grubs, worms, brush hogs, frogs, jigs, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, pop r, crankbaits. Throwing a senko most of the time slows your learning curve dramatically

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:41 pm

Yes but it is fun when your catching them.Since the end of trout season Senkos are all I bring with me travel light.Haven't been skunked yet.Have mixed it up with some top waters no luck spinners early in the year now to weedy when fishing from shore.

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:18 pm

white senkos = a lot more pickerel, the only time i use anything white is during the spawn, solid white tube or grub will do the trick for them........

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:41 pm

Anything black with Senkos works well too!Watermelon with black flake.Black with blue flake.

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:04 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links