Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster, you guys have an excellent resource here.

A buddy of mine and I are looking for some (new) good shore bass fishing locations for this weekends in my area (Franklin), and would appreciate any spots you can point us to. We mostly fish various rubber worms, jointed Rapala's, and there's a couple of unused jigs between us. We're pretty much amateur hour, but not afraid to go out of our way to get to a good spot.

Not one to be selfish, i've had good luck at:

Lake Pearl, Wrentham
Reeds Pond, Wellesley
Lake Maspenock, Hopkinton/Upton (biggest fish of the year)

I would say almost all my luck has come in 5-8 ft of water this year, so finding shoreline with a decent drop off has been key for me, although I will gladly take any and all tips/advice/locations. Thanks guys.

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Love lake Pearl fish mostly for trout there.I used to live in Bellingham and Box pond used to produce some nice bass and has a decent amount of shore fishing algae blooms can be a problem sometimes though.Pratt pond in upton.Hopedale pond.Beaver pond is great bass haunt but limited shore fishing not bad in spring but close to shore weeds get way to thick in the summer pulled one of my biggest bass ever out of there many a 7lber caught there.

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:54 pm

Awesome, thanks for the tips! I really like Pearl too, especially since it's only about a mile from me and I catch bass every time I go. Haven't caught anything over 1lbs though from the limited shoreline.

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:59 pm

Never really fished for bass caught some nice Picks but I have some nice spots for trout at Pearl it is my top trout spot but don't go there much any more live up near Framingham now.Caught my Largest bass of the year at Hopkinton Res 6+lber not really known as a bass lake but there are some big ones in there was actually fishing for big browns with shiners when giant bass decided to hit!

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:24 pm

Again thanks for the tips, we had pretty good luck at Pratt Pond, though I did notice signs saying the fishing was for residents only

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:46 pm

Pay no mind to the signs pond is stocked by the state just tell them you are a resident.Resident of Mass that is and you paid for your license therefor you have every right to fish there.I've never been bothered.Great trout fishing in the spring also!

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Great to know, I actually saw a decent size rainbow cruise right up to me (I was wading up to my shins) and turn around, seemed a bit odd to me...

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:09 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links