I am having trouble getting bites on rubber worms well I haven't had any hits at all actually. I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong with rubber, can any one tell me a technique for fishing worms. I am very thankful for any help anyone is willing to offer. Question

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:55 pm

Fish slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww

How are you rigging it?

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:10 pm

You have three basic options
1.wacky style
2. Texas style
3. Carolina style

I mainly fish wacky style, toss it out to edge of cover let it slowly sink and give it a few taps and let it sink and reel in your slack and repeat
Catch 75% of my fish this way. You will feel a couple light taps on the line then see the line move, reel your slack and set the hook, or on the decent of the worm you will get the strike as it floats

I'll fish Texas from time to time but almost never carolina rigs not sure why I haven't explored that

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:19 pm

ill agree with both of the guys before me... key to worming is fishing SLOW...and knowing your different rigging is clutch... i prefer to fish texas rig because fishing weedless is always good.. but i also like to let the worm drop when it first hits the water ... pull out some line .. allow it to drop as deep as it can ... caught a few lunkers in this heat recently fishing this way ... been pretty effective... good luck boys

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Thanks a lot fellas this all has been very helpful I have been Texas rigging the worms but I've been fishing it way to fast apparently I'm definitely going to try the sllllooooooooowwww method, again thank y'all very much

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:30 pm

Try Senko's u can cast a mile and half the time you will catch fish right off cast while the worm sinks.If you don't get hit off cast try a slow stop n go tech or couple of twitches reel twitch reel hot weather if you can find the fish they will usually be on the bottom or close to it in the cool zone rubber worms great way to get there good luck took me a while to figure it out just started fishing with Senko's this yr and have had the best fishing year of my life tons of 4's and couple 5's along with some beautiful smallmouths!

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:46 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links