hey everyone i would like to know all the bass fishing spots near the taunton area includeing good shore fishing areas or little creeks or even a little fishing hole in the woods some where thany you to all who reply Smile

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Google earth is your friend

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:09 pm

I've heard lake rico is good but never fished it.

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:38 pm

Are you for real ? How do you come up with these questions Question

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:16 pm

Buddy we're definitely here to help you but we're not an encyclopedia. MA Wildlife has some excellent resources on its website including a section on barrier free fishing, very good for shorecasting.

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:41 am

i would like to know all the bass fishing spots

Ha yeah me too Cool

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:40 pm

Guys,

If you don't want to help this kid out, just move on from his post. No need for Cyber Bullying to take place here.

This is the 2nd time in a week people have jumped down this kids throat.

Give it a rest gentlemen!

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Here is a good place to start:

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/habitat/maps/ponds/pond_maps.htm

All sorts of links and info all over the page. Put some time in reading and clicking on links and I'll bet you'll find some good places right near to where you want to be. Good luck and post some pictures!

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:16 pm

If he worded his questions just a little bit better, without the demanding tone, he would probably get a more positive response Exclamation Laughing

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:06 pm

its fine i understand i may come off as demanding i just like to have other peoples opinions and get an idea of where i might have some luck i do agree that there is no need for any bullying but its ok thank you to those who have posted their opinion and enjoy the fish out there Very Happy

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:57 am

This is a fishing site, not an English class. How can you tell tone through typed words?

The site that Pocket posted is a good place to learn about new areas, and people who ask about places to fish are usually directed there in one of the first responses. That's how I learned about a lot of new spots when I moved here. If you can find a local bait shop you can always go in there and shoot the s*** with the owner and whoever stops in; they might be able to help.

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:26 am

Google your address and see the bodies of water near your home. Then google the name of that body of water or check the locations section on this site. Like the rest of us, doing your homework will pay off. It is a trial an error deal. Just try to get out there and try new spots. Some will turn out to be productive and some will not.

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:53 am

aem1031

Google your address and see the bodies of water near your home. Then google the name of that body of water or check the locations section on this site. Like the rest of us, doing your homework will pay off. It is a trial an error deal. Just try to get out there and try new spots. Some will turn out to be productive and some will not.

Google earth is a killer tool to find water. Many of the ponds and lakes you'll see all around are not on the site link I provided. Sometimes THOSE are the best little honey holes to fish at. Volume can attest to that, eh Ted? Wink

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:46 pm

pocketfisherman

Google earth is a killer tool to find water. Many of the ponds and lakes you'll see all around are not on the site link I provided. Sometimes THOSE are the best little honey holes to fish at. Volume can attest to that, eh Ted? Wink

Haha, Yes sir! That being said, I almost exclusively use google earth and trial and error now!

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:50 pm

Angling Technologies has a really cool site. Massachusetts really gets no love with the maps, but a fun site to poke around.

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:34 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links