So I herd alot about the upper mystics and hoq theres some monsters over there. I was thinking about going up to where the river meets the lake later totay. iwas just wondering if anyone knew some good spots in that area... No boat shore fishing. Thanks guys

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:52 am

The Largemouth bite is pretty slow right now in the River with most of the fish scattered. Most of them are holding pretty tight to the weeds and lily pads, most of my luck coming on Senkos dropped in the holes and dropped on the edges. That being said there's a good number of Smallmouth that have been active of late (caught three last night). Try using a weightless finesse worm rigged Texas or wacky style, something with red flake in it, cast up-current and let it drift down the center of the river.

The best place for Smallmouth are next to the bridge closest to Lower Mystic Lake and inside the bank and the weed-lines further down river. I've been having a blast catching them on ultralight...

If you want to try for a big fish you'll need to fish right in the lily pads with braided line and a 6ft plus rod with some backbone. Fish a magnum worm with a heaver bullet weight pegged and jig it up and down in the gaps between the pads, but slowly...

Here are some shots of recent fish I've caught there:

[/img]

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:19 pm

Thanks thats alot of helpful info I think im gona go check it out tomorrow with the old man Smile.. Nice largemouth.. I catch alot of nice size ones in medford by the rt. 16 overpass tners alot of lillys down there and I do pretty good but I wanted to check out the lower lake and now im conviced I missing out. Thanks again

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:42 pm

There are also a lot of big bass up by the dam/falls. The fish hang out there chasing herring, eels, etc. Good luck!

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:38 pm

Good to know.. Thanks guys this really helps me out.

Posted Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:27 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links