Hi.
My son is obsessed with catching a muskie. We go to Lake of the Woods, in Canada, every other year for muskie fishing, but I've heard reports that tiger muskie exist here in Mass. Any recommendations for where we could go? We live in the western part of the state, but we'll travel if necessary. Thanks.

Posted Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:57 am

Pontoosuc and Otis Res. in the western region

Last edited by bam on Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:11 pm

Pontoosuc has the state record, read about it last winter, the guy who caught it had a nice write up, but I can't seem to find it. Here's something else I found

http://www.jerrysbaitandtackle.com/Trophies/Fish/Misc/Muskie_Record.htm

Posted Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:32 pm

I hate to drag up an old post, but any muskie around Boston? I know they've stocked Spot pond, and a few others with Muskie, but from what I understand they've all been taken, or wouldn't take to the pond.

Posted Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:13 pm

I think you meant Spy and not Spot...Spot is usually stocked with trout. Spy was stocked awhile ago, last ice season someone took a 40"er out of there, if I remember correctly. I don't think anyone took one this past ice season...who knows if there are any left.

Posted Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Spy pond is exactly what I ment. Don't ask me why I said spot, haha. But yeah I didn't know someone pulled a musky out of there recently that's pretty cool.

Posted Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:06 pm

I guess lake quinsigamond (Worcester shrewsbury line) has stocked tiger Muskie, but since the hybrid cannot reproduce, not sure what the population would look like now. I have pulled out pike while ice fishing, never off a boat. Lake is a little big for my Jon boat, And lots of summer activity. There are 2 really deep holes, near the 290 bridge and the mass pike bridge. I have heard of people taking summer tigers in the past at the 290 bridge, shrewsbury side, behind white city plaza. I think that hole is like 75' good luck, and I would love to see a pic of a quinsig monster!!

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:47 am

someone took a pin Tiger Muskie out of Spy last year

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:09 pm

Is spy pond in Arlington?

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:33 pm

Yeah, between Route 60, Route 2 and Mass Ave.

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:20 pm

someone pulled a 19 pounder out of spy last year. they posted it on mass.gov as last years record. I do believe the fish has to be taken somewhere particular in order to make their website, or am I mistaken?

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:25 pm

ive been out on spy pond dozens of times and only landed one muskie last year a 12 lber....hard to find and i dont think there are that many left in there to be honest..wish there were more spots to fish for muskie cuz they put up one hell of a fight

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Lake Chuancy in Westborough has them also. 2 yrs back Gold pin came fron there. lake Quinsig and Indian Lake also hold them. Great Luck to ya

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:33 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links