Hi
anyone fish @ bare hill pond in Harwad Ma, that can share all our member?
How is the parking n where to park, wat going on with $25 fee for , can out of town fish there when the beach not in season?

thank you

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:15 am

I was there a couple of weeks ago and the water was super low and the fishing was pretty slow. I don’t believe you need to pay the 25 until after memorial day. There is plenty of room for car topper and maybe 4 or 5 spots with trailers. There are a lot of rocks be very careful. slow on the eletric. Good luck.

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:47 pm

Yea during the summer when there is the fees to boat you can go down one of the roads on the back side of the pond to load a car topper in. Its a small beach down a little road. dont remeber the name of the road but I'm sure you could find it on google maps. As for fishing here, in the summer don't even bother going on the weekend, best time would be during the week, otherwise it gets extremely crowded with tons of boat traffic.

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:20 pm

There is an old RAMP NAZI there she will take your money, dont think you can beat her out of it, if you get there before her ,she will wait until you come off the water! Water is down about 3-4 from the draw down they did last fall, ROCKS everywhere real BOAT KILLERS. Weekends are a joke, we got swamped by a ski boat, he ran right next to us maybe 10 yards away, front and back of boat took on water pushed us right in the rocks on the back side of on of the islands. If I didnt have 2 kids on the boat the guy would of got his ass kicked!

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:50 pm

thank you
i when by the boat lauch on pond rd--tooo many ppl on row boat (lesson) car full in lot.
when to Thrustion beach- park car on side street n walk down to check thing out--just much nose from boat row possy.
than try to bare hill public access but just could find it ( i must pass it dozen time n don't event know it?
anyway not event one single sole was fishing @ this pond!

well i went to Mirrow lake n has few rainbow action there--n got my
first crappy----- !

I'll try Silver pond in Willington tomorrow morning!

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:47 pm

ok i'm here @ silver lake --no luck with my kastmaster or org rooster tail--land a 10.5" skinny holdover raindbow.
yes i'm here from 6am to 8:30 am. i mic to early or leave to early?

thank you

Posted Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:32 pm

beware of the Ramp Nazi!!! Laughing seriouly though it a great pond. Fish all the coontail, wood and rocks you can find

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:42 am

If they put concrete ramp there then I am willing to pay $25. It is about 15-20 minutes from home. It is a better than average pond for bass fishery. Don't go there in the weedends.

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:21 am

It might be one of the reasons they don't put a concrete ramp there. Keeps others out albeit at the expense of even the Harvard folks. I only have a small tracker but last fall after the let down on a windy day, I had one heck of time getting my boat back on. As for the fee, $25 (which I have paid on more than one occassion) is pretty high no matter what. You can get away with not paying it during the summer but you 1. have to get there wicked early and stay until dark 2. wait until the lady goes to church on sunday and put in quickly but you have to still stay until dark (haha, did this once but it was purely luck). As for the weeds, when I was there in the late late fall, there was a guy taking water samples. I asked what he was doing and it seems that that are making a "last ditch effort" to get rid of or reduce the weed growth. Not sure how it has affected fishing this year (or will affect fishing this summer).

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:40 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links