Guy's.. just wanted to drop a line and say Smallies were bedding in areas of Webster Lake. Went last night at 6:00 to 9:00 PM and caught so many they tore the spinners off my lures. Biggest was about 2 lbs..but oh what fun!!

Did not take pics due to traveling light with pirouge, rod and box.

PJ

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:40 am

Did you actually see the fish on beds? Everywhere I have been (including central Maine) the smallies have been done for a while. Water temps were in the low to mid 70's last week . A lot of times post spawn smallies will group up and feed in a given area.

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:07 am

thats awesome pj! i like webster great lake, never fished it at dusk though seems like a good time!

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:55 pm

stratos1966

Did you actually see the fish on beds? Everywhere I have been (including central Maine) the smallies have been done for a while. Water temps were in the low to mid 70's last week . A lot of times post spawn smallies will group up and feed in a given area.

Yep.. thought it was odd too. They were there with full bellys of eggs. Must be running a little late. One area had maybe 10 12 beds in it and from what I could see they were still active it was getting dark quickly.

My spinner baits were hit so often the hooks were pulled apart between the two barbs. Between the Bass and Pickerel...it was a feeding frenzy..lol

PJ

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:48 pm

chevin37

thats awesome pj! i like webster great lake, never fished it at dusk though seems like a good time!

If you put in at the boat ramp head directly East to North East.
You will pass some small islands so head toward the treed bank .
To get into the cove to the left or behind the islands you need a shallow draft boat like my pirouge as the water is only inches deep.
The lillys back in the cove to the left was very active.

PJ

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Confused Appears there was a minor edit Exclamation Laughing

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:52 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links