i just started fishing Maquan Pond last fall and last Sunday was 1st time i went on a Sunday,the gate was closed at 8a.m.and the sign says it closes at 9p.m. but says nothing about when it opens,Anyone know anything??? Maquan is a nice windy day pond because its so small and there are some nice fish in there,you just gotta suffer through 2-3 pickerel for every Bass you catch.

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:09 am

Never saw the gate closed there either. Might want to call the camp to see whats up if you plan on hitting that place up on a regular basis. Good thing about Maquan is there there are 3-4 other good places right around the corner from it.

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:43 am

Sorry, can't help. I have fished there many times and never saw the gate closed. That place is an interesting place. I never had great success there consistently, usually 1-2 lbers, but then I also caught my personal best LMB there: 6 1/4, on a frog. So I know there is at least one good one in there! Very Happy

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:52 pm

I've been fishing there off and on for around 10 years. I have seen the gate closed before and it usually happens on a wknd morning. I think the person that lives in the house right there is the one who opens it. 8 a.m. it should be open, I don't think it is locked for access for emergency vehicles. You probably could have opened it and I don't think it would have been a problem. The place has become a pickerelfest the past couple of years Exclamation They really seem to be taking over the pond Exclamation

Posted Tue May 01, 2012 9:42 am

definitly some BIG fish in there. All the trees and bushes on the right hand shore holds good fish, especially that BIG tree. take your time on it and pick it apart. Some great deeper weeds in there too and some sunken brush

Posted Tue May 01, 2012 12:43 pm

i like it cuz you can fish the whole pond in about 2 hours,I've seen some big fish cruising the shores and i like fishing the deadfalls on the right hand shore,also like the deeper water:-)

Posted Wed May 02, 2012 6:45 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links