Looking for someone to go crappie fishing with. I just moved out here and looking for someone to go with. Any tips or places to go would be appreciated.

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:47 pm

hey there hunter.....I was in the bass tourney tis past Sunday. I was killing the crappy on the south eats corner. long pond in Freetown MA

there were some real nice ones in there!

Mike

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Yea, I wish I could get down that south but im up towards Lowell, MA. What do you guys use for bait? in the midwest we use crappie minnows, but out here it seems that crappies bite on lures? what do you guys use for them?

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:28 pm

At the time I was using a #3 Mepps spinner...silver with brownish skirt. I found an underwater structure and just kept drifting and casting over it. I swear I caught one every other cast.

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:30 am

As stated, small inline spinners, Mepps, Vibrax etc. Also small jerkbaits like a floating Rapala, swimming small grubs on a jighead. When they are feeding they will hit pretty much anything Exclamation

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:56 am

Yeah, they'll pretty much bite on anything this time of year. They tend to beat other panfish to the punch and will be active earlier in the spring than bluegills and pumpkinseeds.
North Shore, huh? Artichoke Reservoir in West Newbury has some nice ones.

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:26 pm

I caught a crappie on a senko early last week, I'm pretty impressed that they'd attack a 5" stick bait.

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:36 pm

I caught a crappie on a senko early last week, I'm pretty impressed that they'd attack a 5" stick bait.

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:37 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links