my dad and i have lately not been able to catch many bass because we cant find where they are. we knkow that they go around structure and oxygen and stufff like that. should we buy a little $50 dollar rig to mount on our canoe?

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:26 pm

That should be fine. All it is is an antenna.

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:59 pm

would you reccomend a model? i looked at amazon and the best bang for my buck would be NorCross HawkEye F33P Fish Finder
it got good reviews.

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:14 pm

Do you have a trolling motor for your canoe? If so I have a Garmin 240 or 160 with powercord, and transducer you can have. Email me michaelwerling@Hotmail.com the thing works fine we upgraded and has been sitting on top of my fridge.. Merry xmas

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:21 pm

no i dont have a trolling motor mounted on the canoe. does it need something to be mounted underwater on?

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Why YES it does, everyone mounts their transducer to the bottom of the trollingmotor, or to the back/bottom of the hull of boat. I have seen mounts for canoes at bass bro for $75, you might find a used one if you look around, or you can look at the one on the bass pro site, and make your own.

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:28 am

Personally I say meh to electronics..specially on a canoe..my suggestion is to try learning more about the water your fishing and the habits/behaviors of the fish your chasing. Watercraft is a very important part of fishing...if you can't learn to locate likely fish holding areas based on lay out of the lake, weather, times of year etc then you won't catch fish.

Learning what color lures and type of baits to use when and for what reasons..where to throw them, how deep...where the fish are feeding etc is way more valuable then any gadget in my opinion...

I mean the whole point of a canoe is that it can go where most bass boats cannot. It can handle a few inches of water and get into great fish holding coves and hot spots that the big boys can't...it is lightweight and portable. Why bog it down with submerged electronics and batteries etc...?

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:32 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links