Long story short. Had a hard time battling the wind Tuesday. Ended up ripping my engine off the bracket, and submerging it in the water.. Luckily enough it finally gave me the motivation to get started on my engine swap.

If anyone happens to have any experience with the cmc power trim, or knows anyone with spare parts I'd appreciate the help. My father busted a bolt inside the hydraulic motor. It looks like a drain plug or something. I'm just attempting to hunt it down. I would just toss in a regular bolt, but Im not sure if it is any type of special bolt.

Posted Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:46 pm

Sorry about your motor. If it is only a drain plug it’s composition is not that important and you can use any bolt that is the correct size, thread, and shape. The hardness of the bolt is more of a factor for load bearing bolts. To brake it sounds like it was pretty tight. I would determine what its purpose is to find out if you need the specialized bolt. The marks on the head of bolts that look like dashes communicate the grade or hardness. The more dashes the harder the bolt. More threads,(fine or coarse) the greater the load of force it will have as it is turned.

Posted Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:18 am

pew submerging ? u need to get all dried out asap befor its starts rusting inside the cylinder - that would be a mega buzz kill and meant to open all seals and polish over

get on it as soon as possible

Posted Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:20 am

If it is a drain plug then more than likely it is a tapered thread to obtain the proper seal. Here is a reference link;

http://www.seawaybolt.com/faqs/

Posted Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:36 am

Well I won't bother doing the swap right now. I don't know for sure if I will have the part bytheweekend so I will wait it out for now.

The motor didn't take in any water, and started up just fine today. Luckily I have a parts motor and can easily swap out the brackets. I've come to the conclusn that the 35 is more then plenty power to move me from a to b. I got another weeks vaca so I'll do it then.

Posted Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:36 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links