I'm thinking about taking the boat out to eddy pond tomorrow, Ive never fished it before and was wondering what the average depth and deepest point is? and is it really weedy? will i be able to throw a shallow jerk bait or crank without getting caked in weeds?

Posted Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:42 am

this early in the season there arent much weeds anywhere so i wouldnt worry about weeds, id consider broken branches and logs everywhere

Posted Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Check Mass Wildlife for the depth map. The area south of the boat launch gets real weedy, but the northern part of the lake is pretty clear and gets to some decent depths. I've ice fished there a lot, and always had good luck. Big bass, pickerel and perch - Have fun!

Posted Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:12 pm

thanks for the info guys! Not sure if i'm gonna end up there or in CT but if i do fish eddy pond ill post a report here.

Posted Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Depending on the water level, launching at Eddy pond sucks. If it's low, I usually just back down the dirt to the left of the ramp, looking at it.

Water gets 12-15 deepest. Pitch the trees towards the rt 20 side.

Posted Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Looking out from the boat ramp I wouldn't go to the left of the islands it's all tree trunk Like weeds and structure for that whole left side of the islands took a canoe out and thought we would give it a try but kept bottoming out I think the pond map will agree with me

Posted Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:25 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links