Get your heads out of the toilets, gentlemen!
I bought some 8" senko style worms probably 2 years ago and haven't used them really, mostly because I don't really know how to rig them. I usually right senkos texas style with an ewg worm hook. The biggest hooks I have 5/0 and they seem small on this size worm.

Does anyone use this type worm and have recommendations on rigging? They're a lot thicker than a finesse worm, so they're kinda tricky...not sure if wacky would be a good option or not.

Posted Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:13 pm

I would wacky them, or rig them like a swimbait.

Posted Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:02 pm

5/0 will work with the 8" but I would go with a 6/0 EWG. Either way adjust the hook so that it sits in the sack part of the worm which only requires you to stick the hook deeper into the head of the worm before you exit the underbelly of the worm. This will cause the eye of the hook to be embedded in the worm which if you are using a weight actually works out pretty good.

Posted Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:21 pm

I think the only place I have found EWG worm hooks over 5/0 has been Walmart, specifically the the Dracut one (and Reading too I think). They had 6/0 and 7/0 Gamagatsu, was $4 for 5 hooks if I remember correctly. (In person of course, I am sure they are probably pretty easy to find online)

I use the 7/0's for 8" Senko's, 8" Ocho's, 12" Mann's Jelly Worms and sometimes on 10" Berkely Power Worms.

Posted Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:31 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links