Hey, new to the form. Just getting back into fishing this year.
Went fishing the other day in CT River in West Springfield down the road from my house. What kind of fish are in the CT River? I caught 1 small mouth bass ...(I think??)

Anyway plan to do a lot of fishing this year as its been a long time since ive done any fishing. Just wonder where the good spots on the Westfield and CT river are, and any other good fishing spots in my area.

Posted Thu May 10, 2012 6:33 pm

Pauchaug, Northfield: one mile north of Northfield Center on Rte. 63. Paved parking area and ramp which can accommodate canoes and motorboats.

Barton Cove, Gill: Rte 2 east of Turners Falls. Paved parking and ramp for motorboats or canoes.
Sunderland: north side of Sunderland Bridge in Sunderland. Canoe and fishing access. Limited parking.

Hatfield: Hatfield one mile north of the center. Canoes and shallow draft lightweight boats.

Elwell Recreation Area, Northampton: Damon Road at Route 9 and I-91. Canoe and rowing only. Wheelchair accessible dock on the river. Limited parking.

Oxbow Ramp, Easthampton: Interstate 91 to exit 18 south on Rte. 5 in Easthampton. Thirty-five parking spaces and a paved ramp. Customarily used by high powered recreational craft and larger fishing boats.

South Hadley/Chicopee Boat Access: James St. downstream from the Holyoke dam. Gravel ramp for shallow draft fishing boats. Popular during shad fishing season.

Chicopee Boat Access, Chicopee: Shallow, moderate and deep draft recreational and fishing boats. Easy canoe and rowing shell access

I've got about a half dozen more I just don't wanna give up hahaha....I Think Munn's Ferry is a pretty good option and in the fall that spot is KILLA ! ---you should look into The Deerfield River while you're out there as well---We're spending Memorial Day Weekend ---a day on each--hence:TheRiverRat...

Posted Thu May 10, 2012 7:19 pm

Awesome, thanks for the info! Very Happy

Posted Thu May 10, 2012 7:59 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links