I have taken casts from shore on a few of our unseasonably warm days this winter but will be back out on the boat with my buddy Aaron this week. I have always been a sunny summer time fisherman so I am interested in any suggestions for this cool early spring fishing. I have been looking around and heard suggestions to find the warm water (often northern side of lake) slow retrieve with pauses. Any other gems our member have to share. Ill reward you with photo's of the catch and the location of a great south shore location! Any takers?

Posted Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:51 pm

I've been seeing a lot of nice pics from this "winter" which is only making me feel that much more anxious to get out there this week!

Posted Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Dress warm Exclamation Try to fish shallow ponds this time of year, makes it easier to find fish and the water is usually warmer. I usually start slow, suspending jerkbaits, tubes, grubs etc. The more aggresive bass will chase a fast moving bait at times. I've got them on spinnerbaits, Ratltraps, and shallow Shad Raps in cold water. Just keep experimenting until you find something that works Exclamation

Posted Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:50 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links