Went out today from 8:30 am - 2:00 pm.Real windy and cold.
Had the portable ice house to get out of the wind.Went to
rindge nh.Started out slow,couple small pickerel.Flag up at 10:15am,get to the hole,line is rippin out.Pull it in,3.1 lb largie.
Flag up 10 mins later,different tip up,3.4lb largie.Flag up 5 mins later,different tip up right in front of me.,2.3lb largie.Had a few
other flags go up,line rippin out,pullin in and they got off.Rest of day got just little pickerel.Good day considering the wind and cold.Was
about 9 inches of ice.

Posted Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Way to do it. I went to Bass Pro yesterday and couldn't tolerate the cold wind for the two minutes it took to walk through the parking lot.

Posted Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:18 am

shawneramone

Way to do it. I went to Bass Pro yesterday and couldn't tolerate the cold wind for the two minutes it took to walk through the parking lot.

Any up dates on non-lead jigs from BPS? Was Dicks in Saugas today & still had all lead jigs on shelf.

Posted Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:59 am

there was a booth at the eastern outdoor sh&t show in worcester, that was all lead free, he wanted like $20 for three 1/4oz jigs,

crazy!

Posted Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:03 pm

I only gave a quick look and it seemed like it was still all lead.

Posted Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:09 pm

when did you go silly, we all met up for a few beers afterwards on saturday.

Posted Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:28 pm

johnnybag-a-bass

when did you go silly, we all met up for a few beers afterwards on saturday.

I couldn't make it out there Saturday. I was gonna try cuz I wanted to see that mold. I was at Bass pro yesterday. Some guy heard me talking about the the lead and came over to tell me about the guy at the DCU selling tin weights and how he stocked up on them. Funny stuff now that I heard you say his prices were outrageous. I'm not gonna panic. I mostly use bullet weights texas style and have been using steel for years. Can't wait to do some fishing with you boys...soon

Posted Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:22 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links