Maybe the shack nasties have finally settled in, but I have noticed some decent splashes on the River. I live off of 110, and I have noticed the most activity in the Methuen-Dracut area. I have seen them off and on for a while and they are certainly not shools of anything. Pike maybe? Carp? Any ideas?

Charlie

Posted Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:29 pm

Were they at a distance? We went out to Haverhill and amesbury today and there were flocks of birds in a few spots..one set was on the far banks splashing like no bodies business..they looked like mini whales spouting water, seriously..we had no idea what they were till I managed to make one out flapping its wings.

Up in Amesbury they were diving and frolicking all over as well..some sort of Grebe maybe? About 10 minutes watching them in haverhill till I figured out they weren't fish though..just a thought. Chances are they aren't carp as most of them are not moving much at all right now, regardless of what some of our trips show Razz

Posted Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:59 pm

Thanks for the response. I have seen diving birds and beavers/muskrats as well. They just looked like fish. Honestly though they can be something other than fish. I need to get out!

Charlie

Posted Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:51 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links