hey, ive been lurking here for a little while now and finaly decided to get involved in the forum.
i just wanted to let you guys know of this app called my fishing advisor, you can download it from the android market. im not sure if they have it for the iphone (but who cares, android FTW! haha). ive been using it alot this past summer and it seems to be pretty accurate with the advice and ect. it tells you what kind of fish are active, at what time, recomended lures, techniques and much more, ive caught many fish using the app (it could be coincident) but, check it out and let me know if you have had any experience with it.

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:05 pm

I used it a bit this summer, it seemed to be hit or miss for me. it pretty much told me that carp shut off after dark, but its not the case they feed right through the night.

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:20 pm

ooh, ive only really used it for largemouth bass and it seems to work ok. im going to start using it for trout and perch soon though, i want to experiment with it and expand on my fishing selection

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:36 pm

I will say it was usually spot on for pike.

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:11 pm

I love seeing guys think outside the box. I haven't used any fishing apps but I do have a waterproof pouch for my iPhone made by aquapac. I paid 20 bucks for it on ebay and my phone doesn't go near the water without being in it. I tested it in the tub with an old camera. It's totally submersible and if you seal it with some air in there it will float. I gained so much confidence in it I took my iPhone in the pool.

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:12 pm

weldinghank

I will say it was usually spot on for pike.

ooh..
theres a few other usefull apps on the market, for those that want to learn different kinds of knots theres a pretty good app with tutorials on how to do them its called knot wars and theres some tracker stuff as well i havent messed with any of them yet so i cant really comment on it.

shawneramone

I love seeing guys think outside the box. I haven't used any fishing apps but I do have a waterproof pouch for my iPhone made by aquapac. I paid 20 bucks for it on ebay and my phone doesn't go near the water without being in it. I tested it in the tub with an old camera. It's totally submersible and if you seal it with some air in there it will float. I gained so much confidence in it I took my iPhone in the pool.

can i buy it at stores or this product only online? i have had tons of instances where my phone almost met its end of usage, when ive gone fishing..

Posted Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:31 pm

I'm not sure. I've never seen one in a store but I never looked either. After a quick google search I saw sears has them on their website. That doesn't always mean they have them instore though. Plus it's about 10 bucks more than I pID OFF EBAY but still worth it

Posted Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:22 pm

shawneramone

I really should get one..I've already put my phone in the M'mack once..maybe twice...it is a bit weird now but still mostly works.

Posted Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:38 pm

my old samsung survived a complete dunk in a 10 gallon bucket by the kiddi - phone shut off and after a day in the sun started right back up - with no errors at all not even screen probs

kudos to samsung also battery life was over a week

Posted Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:34 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links