saw a lot of mice crossing walden pond at night. anyone use mouse plugs with any success? any recommended brands/ colors? i watched this one mouse crossing and out of nowhere a huge fish broke the water and slashed at it.

Posted Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Bills Bait and tackle Muits Mouse. he has 2 generations. the 1st is no longer made so you would have to find one 2nd hand. The 2nd generation is in production and you need to order it in advance.

here is a pic of the bait and here is a pic of me catching a fish on the bait.

Posted Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:41 pm

Thats awesome. I use the snag proof moss mouse around pads more than a frog. I love it. I'm gonna have to find one of those ones though. The tail is awesome

Posted Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:28 pm

I use the Mann's Weasel and works well for me. Swim it parallel to bank or along weeds and big gals blast it. Pickerel like it also!

Posted Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:26 am

I've never seen the weasel before. I love it. I know what's gonna be stuffing my stocking

Posted Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:02 am

wow was always wondering if that works
Very Happy

Posted Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:51 am

black is the right color for the weasel. I have the gold and watermelon and have never caught anything on them. I can throw the black right after throwing one of those colors and the bites turn on. It's a bigger lure so don't expect a ton of strikes, but when you get one, it should be a decent size fish.

Posted Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:49 am

where can you get a manns weasel. i couldn't find them after doing a google search. also bill's bait doesn't have an online store. does he do phone orders for a muits mouse?

Posted Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:40 pm

americanspirit

where can you get a manns weasel. i couldn't find them after doing a google search. also bill's bait doesn't have an online store. does he do phone orders for a muits mouse?

http://www.outdoorproshop.com/Manns-Weasel-Hollow-Body-p/manns-weasel.htm

Posted Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:47 pm

Bill is in transition from a tackle shop to an online store. He closed his doors yesterday. I will repost in this thread when I know his online store is up and running.

Posted Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:33 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links