This is my first year fishing spy pond. 2 times this year i noticed a big school of fish bobbing around the shallows. both times i haven't been able to hook anything. they didn't really seem to be actively feeding. i just wanted to know if anyone else has seen this. any insight to wether these are bass or not? and if this is typical behavior for them.

Posted Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:47 am

Probably carp. They may or may not have been feeding, tough to say without seeing them. If you wanna catch one, try some corn or bread and hang on.

Posted Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:52 am

I saw this behavior with yellow perch at Spy Pond this spring. Don't know if it's a feeding frenzy or some kind of social behavior but it certainly sounds like something similar.
I was at Spy yesterday and there was a huge carp jumping over and over again in the same spot, so yeah there are definitely carp in there.

Posted Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:49 pm

I saw this behavior with yellow perch at Spy Pond this spring. Don't know if it's a feeding frenzy or some kind of social behavior but it certainly sounds like something similar.
I was at Spy yesterday and there was a huge carp jumping over and over again in the same spot, so yeah there are definitely carp in there.

Posted Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:50 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links