Hi Guys,

So I'm heading up to Lake George with a friend this weekend and will probably have a couple of hours on Saturday to do some fishing.

Any advice? Is it too cold up there for Large Mouth this time of year? Should I focus on Smallies?

Would I do OK if I just stuck close to shore and fished structure?

I'll probably have access to a Kayak or Canoe so I'll be limited to where I can go.

thanks,
jj

Posted Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:27 pm

I've got a small cabin in the Adirondacks and fish up there all the time. The bite is still on. I was up there two weeks ago and the water temperature was still in the high 60s. I must have caught 30 fish between Saturday and Sunday morning. I think you'll have luck pitching jigs and worms in to vegitation and along weedlines. You'll probably find LMBs, SMBs and Crappies all hanging out together in the 4-12 ft depth range. Trolling is also real hot right now. I pull cranks at 3ft and 6ft. Sometimes I go deeper over structure, but that's because I know where is its. Stick to the green stuff and you'll catch bass. It's supposed to be in the mid 70's this weekend. Have fun and be safe!

Posted Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:04 am

Thanks for the reply lmbking.

I'm excited for nice weather we're supposed to get! Good to hear that the bite was good when you were there.

Senkos and Tubes rarely fail me. I'll throw some jigs and cranks for good measure.

Posted Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Did you have any luck? I went up to Paradox, NY myself and found the action had slowed significantly from just two weeks ago. I found a couple bass in just inches of water. There were several fall festivals in the area my wife wanted to visit, so I didn't get a good pattern going. I fished four hours on Saturday afternoon and three hours on Sunday morning and got 4 fish total. I missed a bunch of bites, but I got some good sun, and some peace and quite, so I'm happy.

Posted Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:38 am

The fishing was definitely slow but we had a great time.

We were kind of limited since we just had access to some rowboats and Kayaks. We went out for a couple of hours on Saturday morning and afternoon.

Between my buddy and I we had 6 fish. He had a nice Larry that weighed in at 3.5lbs. A couple of nice smallies mixed in.

They weren't biting anything but the Senkos I had.

Overall it was a great time.

Posted Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:23 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links