had a spot that produced well in july and august with decent size bass. now in september and october it's inundated with little fingerlings. big guys seemed to have left town.

do you guys find any trend of big bass leaving a spot if a lot of smaller baby's enter it?

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:26 am

Bass will move and use different areas of a lake as water temps change, bait moves and cover dies off.

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:13 pm

October has always been my favorite month Exclamation This October is totally ridiculous Exclamation This is the worse fall fishing I can ever remember. Everything just seems to be off, including the water temp. The temp. is just not where it should be for this time of the year. Maybe Nov. is going to be the new Oct. Exclamation Laughing

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:58 pm

Try going for some trout. They are biting right now at Houghtons pond and spot pond. Cant go wrong with powerbait and rooster tails.
good luck

Posted Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:39 am

Try going for some trout. They are biting right now at Houghtons pond and spot pond. Cant go wrong with powerbait and rooster tails.
good luck

Posted Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:42 am

good luck

Posted Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:42 am

Yeah, I usually go next month after the salmon stocking!

Posted Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:58 pm

Stratos hit it on the head...find another spot on the lake. The fish obviously haven't all left the lake, unless you've been cleaned out by people keeping fish. I fished a few times at my usual spot last week, and the bite had slowed a bit, but I still caught some good sized bass - three 3 pounders in 3 trips. This spot has a ton of lily pads that hold bass all year, now I've been having the best luck in the greenest/healthiest looking pads and not catching much of anything near the other ones. Jigs and big white spinnerbaits have been doing well for me.

Water temp was right around 60 give or take a degree.

Posted Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:55 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links