Been having fun on the Seahawk, but it's time to get a good fishing kayak. Any recommendations for sit on top vs. sit in? looking to spend about 500 used or new.

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:20 am

def a sit on top unless you like being cramped in a small space for an extended period of time

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:47 am

gone_fishing, sucks to hear about your boat man. Did a seam just start leaking?

I ordered the Saturn Pro Angler FK396. I'm going to bolt on a swivel seat to the rear aluminum cross plank. I will bolt up rod holders to the 1st aluminum plank.

It should be here thursday.

take a look at the saturn KABOAT...you can get it for 550 shipped if your still looking for an inflatable, but if you've got the space, I'd go with a hard Canoe or Kayak.

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:20 pm

gone_fishing

Been having fun on the Seahawk, but it's time to get a good fishing kayak. Any recommendations for sit on top vs. sit in? looking to spend about 500 used or new.

I just bought the Ascend fs12t from bass pro, its really stable and has a lot of room to store gear. A little on the heavy side but still light enought that one person can lift it by themselves.

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:41 pm

I saw Dicks had some nice ones for sale, around that price.
i think they were 12 feet nice and light too

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:57 pm

I fish out of a LL Bean Manatee, I think its about 9' and weights roughly 40 lbs. The cockpit hole is very large and is much more comfortable than other kayaks I have been in...its easy to stretch your legs, and it has an adjustable seat for your back. I think new they around $500. I would recommend this boat in a second

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:51 pm

i have the mannatee angler kayak as well and i love, plenty of room, trolling holders for rod and a net or 2 rods. plus ll bean has a 100% satisfactory guarantee. i absolutely destroyed my kayak fishing a brook by hitting trees and rocks and they replaced it no questions asked.

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:32 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links