Even my n00b friends are pulling 20 inch fish. I keep catching these little guys 12" and under if I catch anything at all! The night bite has turned off entirely for me in all of my spots... Senkos aren't producing the fish they were in the summer... Sort of bummed over here.

Posted Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:13 pm

i predict tomorrow will be a good day for you Smile

Posted Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:38 pm

Have you been to Crystal Lake? They pulled out that little dock that I love to fish off of and chained it to the fence. I went to the boat ramp in Brighton and the spot that produces for me has a giant wooden thing on it which claimed yet another jitterbug! Eff fishing, I'm gonna move on to breeding cats or something equally as crappy.

Posted Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:07 pm

yeah man, they pulled the dock at crystal lake the evening before Irene hit, I guess they've decided to just leave it out. Haven't been to the brighton boat ramp so not sure. Do you have a head lamp for night fishing?? Get one, and maybe some waders or water shoes and get your jitterbugs back!!!

Posted Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Where are you catchn dinks?? shallow? if so try deeper water. Today was slow for me until noon, For real life! Found the BIG ones under cover in 1 foot of water on shore with jigs. GOOD LUCK

Posted Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:51 pm

Water temps have dropped big time! The fish are beginning to get into their fall mode and will become more aggresive. Try picking up the pace, spinnerbaits, ratltraps and jerkbaits.

Posted Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:47 am

Hey Jess I didnt even know we were allowed to fish off of the crystal lake docks! I was out there the other night on the opening by right around the bend and only pulled 2 10"er's with storm fish. That was after losing 6 lures on the charles @ california st @ watertown st. Its getting colder and I was thinking about investing in a small heater (but saw something saying MA wont allow liquid p. heaters? anyone know about this

Posted Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:59 pm

I had a blast this summer fishing deep with worms... but since we've had a couple of cool days and cold nights I figured they may have moved shallow. I like fishing deep so I really had to force myself shallow but I did. I tied a 1/2oz jig to 65lb braid and cast it right to shore and BLAZED it back.. first two casts a big pick and a nice bass. A few casts later got a call from my wife and had to end the trip short. I am heading back out today to try the same technique but my point was try to switch it up completely. If you've been deep and slow, go shallow and speed things up. Good luck!

Posted Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:08 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links