The time has arrived for me to get a boat - I'd prefer a cabin cruiser, but my ancient Toyota celica can't accommodate that. I was thinking of an inflatable dinghy. Anyone use one for fishing or have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:48 pm

thanks for the reply!

i'm pretty new to this - do you think a kayak is better than a dinghy for fishing in lakes and ponds?

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:02 pm

well a dingy will be more comfortable but if your alone and you don't have a trolling motor, it will be slow.

if your going solo, a kayak is the quickest to get into a lake, you can find them around 40-50lbs which allows you to throw it up onto your roof rack.

If you can store it, I would get a 12-14ft canoe, as this allows you to sit a bit higher above the water level however you run into to weight issues and its tougher to manhandle if your alone.

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:37 pm

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:37 pm

thats a great little boat, i'm actually also considering it now Smile
I was a bit turned off about reading that you reinflate it at home to make sure its dry...not sure about this part, i think i'll keep it inflated at the lake and try to dry it as much as possible before i deflate it.

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:46 pm

I have a one person dinghy that I don't use anymore... It had a leak a few years back, but I patched it up nicely. Good as new... I just don't like having the inside of my truck reek of pondwater when I'm done fishing, so I opt to go from the shore without it.

If you're interested, offer me something for it. Maybe I'll bite!

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:58 pm

thanks for the offer! if you saw my car you would laugh your ass off. it's an old celica that accommodates my guitar rig like a game of tetris. towing anything with a hitch would make it explode like a shrapnel grenade. it's a car only i could love. i need something to cram in the the back.

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:26 pm

decided to get a cheap seahawk 2. need something to get me into those spots and hopefully to leave less souvenir lures. looking forward to finishing the season off with it.

Posted Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:48 pm

gone_fishing

decided to get a cheap seahawk 2. need something to get me into those spots and hopefully to leave less souvenir lures. looking forward to finishing the season off with it.

Def let us know how it turns out and how you like it!

I am in a similiar situation with no room to fit a real boat and no way of towing it so I have been on the search for ANYTHING to get me offshore!

Posted Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:19 pm

towelie

Def let us know how it turns out and how you like it!
!

here you go...http://www.mafishfinder.com/das-boot-4799-trip.html

Posted Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:30 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links