fishing there sunday. anyone ever been there?

Posted Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:38 pm

i'm fishin there tomorow. Been there a few. I'm still learning it. Pretty deep lake, stay real tight in channel going out to main lake. Once you get out to open, head straight out to beach/park looking area, Good grass line there have fun man.

Posted Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:06 pm

If you are standing on the beach looking across the lake at the cove fish the point on the right youll see a slide to the left of that is a grass line, you shouldnt have to move from that spot, if you do move from there go into that cove youll see a real nice house with a ski boat under a cover, before you hit the house there are a TON of humps 50-60 yards before the house 20-25 yards off shore. JIG black and blue, once yove killed them there stay on left hand side of cove youll see pads about 70 yards past the house, FISH THEM, I have much luck with red with black spinnerbait silver blades in the pads. Caught one in those pads this year 3.7lbs GOOD LUCK, Yet us know how you do! By the way RAMP BLOWS, dont park in front of the ramp!!!!!

Posted Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:53 pm

Thanks for the info guys! much appreciated.

Any info on the launch? My buddy put in at the beach before but had trouble getting out (he has an 18' bass boat). Is the launch on beaver brook rd capable of handling a bass boat? I see there are ski boats and power boats on there so there must be a capable launch....any info is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Posted Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:50 am

you should be fine launching that. the ramps deep enough that your back wheels shouldn't even get wet.remember just to stay in that channel and trim up real high till you hit the lake.

Posted Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:47 pm

"My buddy put in at the beach before but had trouble getting out (he has an 18' bass boat). Is the launch on beaver brook rd capable of handling a bass boat?" YES, just dont park in front of launch. stay down the middle, trim motor WAY up or use trolling motor. launch is on beaver Brook Rd. GOOD LUCK

Posted Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:47 pm

Well, how did we do today????

Posted Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:13 pm

fished there yesterday. The launch is totally fine, we managed well.

Fishing was slow; i caught a pick right off the bat and then got shut out the rest of the time there. My boat partner caught 3 small bass, and the other boat got shut out. We threw our entire tackle boxes at the place. as the sun was setting i was getting a lot of interest on a bullfrog horny toad over the lily beds, a few splashes and brushes, but no takes. i jigged black and blue, jigged a crawdad; threw every color spinner in the rainbow, luckycraft suspending jerk, cranks, about 5 different color senkos, horny toad, super fluke, NADA.

i will go back however, the place looks like bass heaven; i will give it another shot.

Posted Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:28 am

I had similar results on Saturday. Water was high and the current was ripping through the launch. No problems launching my tracker other then the idiot in the nitro who parked in front of the launch.
2 of us only caught 3 dinks. Like you I also threw all my tackle at them.

Has anyone actually pulled some good 3+lb largies out?

Posted Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:07 pm

i fish there about 7-8 times a year and i always do good there. i was there this morning and got 13 bass 1 pickerel(my worst day ever there too). biggest bass being 2.98 lbs and the rest small guys. 4out of 5 times i always pull out atleast one 3+ pounder. my biggest ever from there is 5.9 and i caught him about 4 weeks ago and he had a spinner bait stuck in his throat with about 2 feet of line hanging out of his mouth. there are big bass in there you just have to know the exact spots. Razz

Posted Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:19 pm

taxicab823

i fish there about 7-8 times a year and i always do good there. i was there this morning and got 13 bass 1 pickerel(my worst day ever there too). biggest bass being 2.98 lbs and the rest small guys. 4out of 5 times i always pull out atleast one 3+ pounder. my biggest ever from there is 5.9 and i caught him about 4 weeks ago and he had a spinner bait stuck in his throat with about 2 feet of line hanging out of his mouth. there are big bass in there you just have to know the exact spots. Razz

thanks for visitng my thread....perhaps a pm is in order Wink

glad you did well! sounds like you had a blast and know how to locate the fish there.

Posted Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:46 pm

taxicab sounds like you know the place pretty well. Its good to know there are good fish in there. We tried looking for some harder bottom, but it seems like most of it is just muck. What types of areas are you fishing?

Posted Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:10 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links