There was a discussion going on in another thread about cartopper livewells. I thought I would share pics of mine. It is an 80 quart Coleman Marine cooler that has been modified with a livewell pump mounted to the outside for more room inside the cooler, complete with a screw on screen to protect from the pump sucking up debris. The spray bar is mounted to the top back side. The cooler has cup holders on the lid and a built in ruler. This can easily hold a big 5 fish limit. I have had 20lbs of bass in here no problem. My only wish is that it came with a split lid so you would only have to open 1/2 the lid to add or remove fish.
[img]]

Posted Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:48 pm

Nice job, I was wondering how I could do something like that. Now I need to figure out where the hell to put it in the crawdad!

Posted Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:52 pm

muffinman

Nice job, I was wondering how I could do something like that. Now I need to figure out where the hell to put it in the crawdad!

I had a crawdad before I got my jon boat. Did you do any mods to yours? The 1st thing I did was push the back seat all the way back and push the front seat back a foot. I used this livewell in my crawdad many times. it went just behind the front seat in the non boaters space. my partner had plenty of room to move around and fish . My batteries were stored under the back seat and i ran wires to the front where I had a plug for my TM

Posted Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Great job Rich. I think come winter I'm going to install my pump on the outside as well. Takes up to much room inside

Posted Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:36 pm

Thought Id share a few pictures of my live well also, not 100% yet but the tank was custom built just been tweaking this install.

Posted Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:06 pm

I envisioned how I'd put it in"the live well" that is....this pretty much seals it

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:12 am

sinista

Great job Rich. I think come winter I'm going to install my pump on the outside as well. Takes up to much room inside

Looks great Neil. Now fill that bad boy up tomorrow with lunkers!!!

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:20 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links