Maybe I missed something, but was there a tournament on for yesterday on the Mystic River and Lower Mystic Lake? I was out fishing for most of the afternoon and there were bass boats making runs back and forth across the lake as well as a bunch in the River; Kinda killed my day with their damn wakes and beating up the lily pads Mad .

Posted Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:02 am

yeah it was the Mass B.A.S.S Divisionals (I think) Saturday, and Sunday.

Posted Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:24 am

They certainly made my afternoon fishing a good bit less fun. It's fortunate the day wasn't that nice because if the fisherman were tearing around the Lake the way they did with recreational boaters and kayakers about someone might have gotten hurt. Also looks like a few boats decided to plow through some of the grass beds and lily pads in the River... just would have been nice if they were a bit more respectful in how they conducted themselves; finding fish has been hard enough of late without their antics.

Posted Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:24 am

Where is there a boat launch that all those boats put in? I live close by and have rode my bike up and down the river a few times and never saw one although I never crossed over 93.

Posted Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:53 pm

They launched by a marina Everett/Somerville Area off RT.28

Posted Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:02 pm

It was a 2 day tourney. It took 10 fish and 28lbs to win, 2nd was 20lbs and 3rd was 17. It dropped off quickly after that.

Posted Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links