Hey all, I've run into a problem as of late with fishing my normal spots. All the water is between 80-85 degress (I know hot). So all my fish have gone down deep where i can't get 'em.

I have a small 10ft plastic pontoon with a 35lb thrust trolling motor. I know i can buy divers and troll around. I'm interested in learning how to use a drop shot rig.

Anyone have any good links on how to set them up? Also need to learn how to fish the rig once its in the water.

i.e jig, troll, reel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks guys.

Posted Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:34 am

Tie the hook on using a Palomar Knot then run the tag end of the line back thru the hook point side of the eye, adjust the length between the hook and sinker according to where the fish are in relation to the bottom, every scenerio will be different same goes for the amout of action you give the soft plastic your using, sometime they want it barely moved , other times shaken vigorously, and at other times dragging it works, like I said every scenerio is different and is based on what they want, hope this helps, you can youtube drop shot videos there is a whole slew of them

Posted Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:18 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links