Wondering if anyone else fishes in Southern Ma, or knows of any other ponds besides Wattuppa, and Long Pond. I just want to try something new. The Wattappa just happens to be the most convenient so that is where I end up.

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:17 am

Try Cooks Pond in Fall River, Off Henry St behind Harbor Freight on Rt81, Rico Lake in East Taunton (Massasoit Park) is also easy access and Good.

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:50 pm

I havn't tried cook pond. Is the ramp access in that parking lot everyone used to dump crap in? I havnt tried fhe pond yet just didn't know how the fishing there was. Is there a ramp for Rico lake? I think ill give one of those a try Saturday. Thanks for the hheads up.

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:56 pm

I havn't tried cook pond. Is the ramp access in that parking lot everyone used to dump crap in? I havnt tried fhe pond yet just didn't know how the fishing there was. Is there a ramp for Rico lake? I think ill give one of those a try Saturday. Thanks for the hheads up.

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:56 pm

The Copicut Reservior in the Reservation in Fall River is open to fish now and has been for a few years, only shore line though, no boats.
Sabbatia in Taunton, Watsons Pond in Taunton.

Its sad whats become of Cook Pond and Watuppa, they use to be excellent fisheries.

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:57 pm

Don't know about trash being dumped there but there are Bass in there( I've caught them from shore near the ramp (north), No trash there at that time. Lake Rico has NO ramp that I know of. Good Luck.

Posted Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:01 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links