Great video! I've used it already and it does work, especially, when wacky worming with those circle/drop shot hooks (or whenever else they decide to swallow any other type of hook).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RGTL9RBG2s

Tight Lines

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Bassterrorist, that is a great video for newbies that gut hook fish and fishermen that always thought hooks rust out, its just not true!thank u for sharing this video.

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:10 pm

I will try this next time out, I hope it works

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:15 pm

meatballs

I will try this next time out, I hope it works

Slow and steady wins the race! Here's another technique:

http://www.electric-bass.org/throughTheGill.htm

Took me a little practice at first, but with a steady hand and patience, you'll have it in time!

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:43 pm

Good stuff, thanks for posting it.

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:16 pm

Using barb-less or crushing the barbs down goes a long way toward making unhooking a breeze as well. Also changing out treble hooks on lures and such for single hooks, and there are various types designed for it available now. I know people always want to say

"but the fish would get off..."

but that isn't true. Over countless carp, bass, trout, panfish, stripers, catfish etc. I still retain 90+% of the fish I hook..the few % I don't are almost always due to error on my part during the fight...not the hook. When I have a fish that is deep hooked without the barb it is almost always a few second, grab, slight push and turn of the wrist and it's back in the water.

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:51 pm

Excellent points and some definate good stuff!

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:10 pm

every truely experienced fisherman has seen this many times out in the field. In fact 3wks back me n the backwoods bass were out at a spot and "the pick" gets all caught up in it's bladder area and bri says . . .no kiddin' here.."well snip the line,the new hooks all dissolve". . . I go ...yea ...no...let me show ya something I learned from my old man when I was like 4 or 5 years old...pull out 2 pairs of "NN" go right through the gills...pop...swim on you pickerel basstid. oh and by the way. . .high tensile metals DON'T RUST.Ya know...kinda by design right?. . .

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:05 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links