I was thinking of heading to Sluice Pond in Lynn and possibly Birch Pond or Breeds pond tomorrow (well today) these bartending shifts have my sleep schedule all messed up lol. Any one fish these places?

I spoke to one of the tackle shops in Saugus. They highly recommended using mid sized shiners. They said I would catch more fish and quicker with them. Maybe just a sales tactic? Anyone use em? I have always just used em for icefishing.

Thoughts?

Sorry I have been posting so much. The boredom of not working days has set in!

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:05 am

sure live shiners will catch em. most days you cant beat live bait if thats your thing. i think sooner or later though you will find there are so many other artificial baits that work well and add more to the experience that you will want the challenge of going after them that way instead of just bait and wait fishing. Using live shiners also seems to increase the chances of the hook being swallowed and damaging the fish's vital organs so if you are a catch and release fisherman/gal then be aware of this.

on a side note....im in the service industry also and yes...absolutely yes....the hrs mess with you. some days im waiting for the sun to come up so i can head out and fish while other days i am unable to get out of bed before noon to go out. can be frustrating for sure. good luck. take care. eric

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:49 am

Sluice Pond in Lynn BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!! I will never go there again good luck.

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:22 pm

it really does!!!! i live close to the pond and i would rather fish the malden river and thats pretty bad.

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:26 pm

ma_fisherman

sure live shiners will catch em. most days you cant beat live bait if thats your thing. i think sooner or later though you will find there are so many other artificial baits that work well and add more to the experience that you will want the challenge of going after them that way instead of just bait and wait fishing. Using live shiners also seems to increase the chances of the hook being swallowed and damaging the fish's vital organs so if you are a catch and release fisherman/gal then be aware of this.

on a side note....im in the service industry also and yes...absolutely yes....the hrs mess with you. some days im waiting for the sun to come up so i can head out and fish while other days i am unable to get out of bed before noon to go out. can be frustrating for sure. good luck. take care. eric

Ive never used live bait unless ice fishing. I have an arsenal of rubber worms that have always worked. But this year I am having no luck. But thanks for the info! I appreciate it!

The hours have definitely effed with me. Im the same. Some nights I am up all night and fall asleep around 9am. I had planned to go fishing this morning but actually fell asleep and woke up around 5:30pm tonight. Every night I dont know which way its gonna go lol

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:30 pm

meatballs

Well help a girl out! Where is there to go? If you are more comfortable you can PM me so everyone doesn't have to see it. I wont tell I promise!

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:31 pm

Doesn't look like it is all that bad...

http://www.mafishfinder.com/71411-sluice-pond-lynn-ma-4482-trip.html

I've never worked service really..but I do understand the shift thing. I drove fork lift for a while for a Keebler Kellog's logistics place in Pennsylvania...worked 7 pm till 7am shifts loading trucks, 2 days on 2 days off...blegh.

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:02 am

bmvd26

meatballs

Well help a girl out! Where is there to go? If you are more comfortable you can PM me so everyone doesn't have to see it. I wont tell I promise!

I personally would head a few minutes up the road and work the Putnamville shore line wall off of rt. 35. A good mile of shore access with both largemouth and smallmouth.

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:58 am

chuckh

bmvd26

meatballs

I personally would head a few minutes up the road and work the Putnamville shore line wall off of rt. 35. A good mile of shore access with both largemouth and smallmouth.

What's the boat access like at Putnamville?

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:34 am

Cartopper/electric motor only. It's a 200 ft walk from the gate to the launch.

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:42 pm

Hey Samitas baits, would you please use the classified section on the forum, it's really what it's meant for.
thank you

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:54 am

Hey Samatis Baits!

Thanks for the link to your website! I'm always looking for new baits to try.

Good luck fishing.

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:23 am

bmvd26

Sorry I have been posting so much. The boredom of not working days has set in!

lots of Posting is great! the more threads/posts the better Very Happy

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:13 am

chuckh

Cartopper/electric motor only. It's a 200 ft walk from the gate to the launch.

Thanks Chuck

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:06 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links