Whats up everyone,

Valps just got a Hummingbird PiranhaMax 170 fish finder for his Bday. Yes, Finally the Arrogance is pimping out the canoe with a fish finder!!!

Anyways, we read through the damn instruction book and it legit doesnt tell you how to hook the "camera" part of the system to your troller..It told us to see additional instructions...which apparently were missing from the box....go figure...

Any suggestions or experience with this....I read something that said keep it 15inches away from the props, but our trolling motor isnt even 15inches long, haha

What should we use to make sure it stay's?....where should be place it...ext...any and all detailed info would be greatly appreciated!!

As always, thanks for sharing your knowledge...this is why MAFF is the best around!!!!!!!!

-Napa

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:14 pm

bass pro carries a kit, its like 15 bucks. all it is a giant hose clamp and a contoured piece of plastic that fits to the transom then just run cable with zip ties works great.

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:36 pm

you guys should've told me you were looking. I would've tossed you mine. I got a new one but used to have that save version. it should've come with all you need. you just put the hose clamp around your trolling motor prop and attach the transducer. run the wiring up and you're good. their instructions are absolutely worthless. it's right in front of the prop don't worry about that it doesn't mess anything up. I'm packing mine up tonight for this weekend and can send you gents a picture if you want to see if that's easiest. not sure if i can put one up on here so if you want to see it, pm me your email address or something and i can send it over this evening.

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:22 am

Sam are you donating that ff to charity?

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:19 pm

shawneramone

Sam are you donating that ff to charity?

sorry, i don't have it anymore. someone already grabbed it awhile back.

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:50 pm

I have a eagle fishfinder cuda 300. I used a dryer vent clamp & put the transducer around the trolling motor. Between the prop & the rudder on the motor head. It worked great. Don't know if that's the same as the "camera" part your talking about?

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:51 pm

Thanks for your help Sam.........to save some face....the bracket was missing from the package, so that is why we were so baffled...had we seen the large circular bracket, we woulda been golden hahaha

Thanks for your help!

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:34 pm

we use a dry vent bracket as well. cheap and works great.

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:40 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links